In the last E-newsletter I asked for
suggestions on what to do during cold weather months to stay active
when the weather was too bad to do things outdoors. I received some
great responses that I will share with you. So with 24 great ideas
to chose from there should be no more excuses!
Many thanks to the following for coming up with
Sue Ashworth from Vermont
Pat Kothe from Rockton, IL
Durinda Wilkinson, Durand, Mi
Lorrie Plate, Flint, MI
Patricia J. Petrola
1. Try line dancing
2. Take an aerobics class
3. Take an Aqua fitness class
4. Join Curves
5. I like going to classes where I am
accountable so that if I don’t go, someone will notice and I hear
6. I usually fit in one of the exercise
programs on television which combines yoga and aerobic routines.
7. Become a “Mall Walker.” Leave your purse at
home and bring a walkman.
8. Walk at the mall and “reward” yourself once
a week by buying something in smaller sizes as your old clothes
become too large for you.
9. Invest in a treadmill and walk while
10. Exercise video
11. Find the stairs at work and use them!! I
started at a flight a day and now, because I work on the 5th floor,
I do at least 10 flights of stairs a day. Some days I do as many as
30. And yes, some days I have to force myself but it is worth it!
You just have to pace yourself.
12. Try Yoga!!
13. Go to the Library and check out different
workout videos for a different variety.
14. Do strength training/toning with hand-held
15. Go to your local high school pool to do
laps or water exercises.
16. Jump rope!
17. Dance to some music!!
18. Use a cross trainer
19. Join a jazzercise class
20. I use walking tapes. I can walk a mile and
never have to leave my house.
21. Jump on my exercise bike, which does not
get much use when the weather is nice.
22. Play in the snow with my kids
23. Do some needed housecleaning and put some
muscle into it.
24. I use and recommend the Leslie Sansone’s
"Walk Away the Pounds" indoor walking videos.
All great suggestions! They absolutely inspired